With no real help from the SS Administration itself, it’s hard to know whatsteps are necessary to take in maximizing your Social Security benefits. In fact, so many retirees assume that the process is easy. Unfortunately, it isn’t.
This week on the David Lukas Show, David talks about the many common assumptions people make or have already made about claiming Social Security. Throughout the hour, David talks through the 9 most common presumptions (listed below) that can impact your retirement and what you can do to prepare.
- Believing that Social Security is running out of money
- Thinking the money you pay into the system is the exact amount you’ll receive when collecting
- Assuming that SS is there to replace the entire income lost after retirement
- Believing that SS benefits (amount paid to you) are based, solely, on the last ten years of your income
- Mistakenly thinking that the retirement age of 65 is set in stone for everyone
- That the SS Admin will give you useful personalized advice
- Assuming that if you don’t claim your benefits as soon as you can (age 62) that you’ll collect less
- Not knowing the specifics about spousal benefits and the complications in collecting
- Not understanding eligible benefits before/after divorce
To hear all of the highly informative information David has for you about Social Security, listen to the entire episode today.
If any one of these critical issues were placed before you, would you be prepared? David Lukas Financial specializes in strategies designed to help you prepare for uncertainty in retirement. Want to know more about The WorryFree Retirement® process? Call David Lukas, (501) 218-8880, today to learn more about what David Lukas Financial can do for you. *Conveniently located right here in North Little Rock, Arkansas.
Want to learn more about Social Security? David Lukas Financial is Now Accepting Reservations for September. To sign up for September classes, simply follow the “Register Here” link now! September classes must be reserved via our 24-Hour Reservation line. You can call our 24-Hour Reservation Line at: 501-574-0677 to check availability and reserve your seat today.
Classes in September are as follows:
- Wednesday, September 20th, 6:30PM (SOLD OUT)
- Thursday, September 21st, 6:30PM
- Friday, September 22nd, 6:30PM
The Guide to Social Security can help you understand how to keep up to 32% more of your money for retirement. Since you have a choice of when to start Social Security and also your individual or employer-plan qualified retirement money, can be coordinated to maximize your Social Security. Request your Free Guide To Social Security today! (Must be a resident of Arkansas)