Currently, fifty two million Americans have 4.4 trillion dollars socked away in their 401(k) savings accounts. Right now, in our current up market, everyone’s probably pretty happy with their performance. But what would happen to your 401(k), specifically, if the market took a turn for the worst? Do you know how much of your money is at risk? Are you willing to lose up to half of it? Did you know that ignoring your 401(k) could cost you a fortune?
This week on the David Lukas Show, David tackles the subject of security in your 401(k) retirement, or as he affectionately calls it your government sanctioned tax postponement plan, and what you can do to be proactively protective of your assets. Throughout the hour, David talks about the seven things that you can do to reboot your 401(k) and keep things on track.
Specific items touched upon in today’s show:
- Figure out and know what your comfort level is with the investments you hold
- Putting in too little? See if your employer has a true up provision program for your 401k program (The feature, called a true up, allows employees to receive employer matches that they would have otherwise missed out on because of 401(k) front-loading or because they spread their 401(k) contributions out unevenly throughout the year-explanation via Google)
- Putting in too much? If your employer is unable to match your contributions, you may be missing out on funds that should be coming to you but won’t.
- Check the plan documents and know what the plan rules are and think of them as the rulebook for your 401(k)
- Fine Tuning your contribution levels
- Research other, savings options for your retirement such as a Roth IRA or a specially designed life insurance contract…
- Know what requirements, penalties, and fees are applicable on RMDs (required minimum distributions)
To hear all of the highly informative information David has for you about rebooting your retirement, listen to the entire episode today.
If any one of these critical issues apply to you and your 401(k) you are not alone. David Lukas Financial specializes in strategies designed to help you prepare for retirement. Want to know more about The WorryFree Retirement® process? Call David Lukas, (501) 218-8880, today to learn more about what David Lukas Financial can do for you. *Conveniently located right here in North Little Rock, Arkansas.
David Lukas Financial is now accepting reservations for the August and September Maximizing Your Social Security Course:
You can call our 24-Hour Reservation Line at: 501-574-0677 to check availability and reserve your seat today for August and September’s classes. T
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER TODAY!
The Guide to Social Security can help you understand how to keep up to 32% more of your money for retirement. Since you have a choice of when to start Social Security and also your individual or employer-plan qualified retirement money, can be coordinated to maximize your Social Security. Request your Free Guide To Social Security today! (Must be a resident of Arkansas) Call 501-377-9602 for registration availability.